When you upload a resource to your PLP community, you may not be ready to share it right away. Making a resource “private” is an easy way to:
Note: If a file is private but you’ve shared it with others, it will still be available to those colleagues using the above methods.
To mark a file private when uploading (through My Resources > Upload New):
- Check Make Private before selecting the file
To change whether a file is private after uploading:
- Navigate to My Resources > My Files
- Select Edit from the Options menu
- Click Edit on the File page
- Check or uncheck Make file private
Note: Sharing a public resource does not grant access; all members of your community already have access through the Newsfeed, Search, and direct access to the URL. Sharing a private resource, however, is the only way it will appear to other users.